THE SECOND MEETING WITH PARAPHRASING
Today was the second meeting in writing IV class and also
the first time we would study about the first material for writing IV subject.
The first material that we were going to discuss was paraphrasing.
Paraphrasing? Umm… I think I ever heard that about before, but actually in the
previous semester I never study about it. However, because I have the syllabus
and luckily I have read the material from Internet, then I have some knowledge
about that specially the definition and function of paraphrasing, and also the
tips to do paraphrasing.
As I have thought before, at the beginning of learning
mom Mila did not tell us directly about paraphrasing. But, firstly she asked
about the term if we have study about the material. I know she wanted to check
our prior knowledge about the material. Furthermore some of us cannot explain
more detail about paraphrasing and even some of us only mention about the
function of paraphrasing itself.
Then, mom Mila gave us one sentence and she asked us to
paraphrase the sentence by our own language without change the meaning. Okay
some of us did it well. But, after that she gave us more sentences and asked us
again to paraphrase. In this part, we got trouble to paraphrased the sentences
because of there are some vocabularies that we did not understand the meaning.
Yes the one of our problem was we less of vocabulary. Most of us only mastery
common vocabulary whereas there so many vocabularies that we must be knew. To
solve this problem mom Mila counseled us to do practice as much as possible,
because by doing practice we will easier mastery the others vocabularies which
it can ease us to do paraphrasing. So to ensure it, she gave us some tasks which
regarding to paraphrasing. The task was contain of some sentences which must be
change into different sentences but still have the same meaning with the first
sentences.
Oh, I think it will be useful for us. Because by doing
the task we can improve our ability in writing especially for paraphrasing.
Thanks mom for your suggestion, I hope in the future I can be a good lecturer
like you.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar